The Board of Directors will delegate to the Local Governing Body the following responsibilities for supporting the institution and its leadership and management team in improving the:
- Achievement of pupils
- Quality of Teaching
- Behaviour and Safety of students
The Local Governing Body will specifically be expected:
- To promote and support the vision and direction of the BePART Educational Trust
- To agree the strategic objectives for the institution and its direction within the framework of the vision of the BePART Educational Trust
- To develop and monitor the Improvement Plan for the institution
- To monitor the standards and performance of the institution and all aspects of student support and welfare
- To monitor teaching, learning and assessment within the institution to ensure that timely improvements are being made.
- To ensure that an appropriate curriculum is being offered that meets local needs and fits within BePART Educational Trust guidelines.
- To ensure implementation and closely monitor safeguarding and health and safety requirements.
- To approve policies and procedures that are specific to the institution
- To review, monitor, provide advice and constructively challenge, as appropriate.
- To ensure that Local Governing Body arrangements are conducted effectively.
- To be responsible to the Directors of the BePART Educational Trust and to comply and act within the Terms of Reference.
Local Governing Body Members
Application forms for the role of parent/guardian member of the Local Governing Body are available from the College reception and should be returned no later than Friday 27th September 2019.