The Board of Directors will delegate to the Local Governing Body the following responsibilities for supporting the institution and its leadership and management team in improving the:
- Achievement of pupils
- Quality of Teaching
- Behaviour and Safety of students
There is currently an opportunity for a parent / guardian of a current College student to become a governor on the Local Governing Body. To apply, please download the application form from the link below and email your application to the Clerk of the LGB, Jane Green, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Local Governing Body will specifically be expected:
- To promote and support the vision and direction of the BePART Educational Trust
- To agree the strategic objectives for the institution and its direction within the framework of the vision of the BePART Educational Trust
- To develop and monitor the Improvement Plan for the institution
- To monitor the standards and performance of the institution and all aspects of student support and welfare
- To monitor teaching, learning and assessment within the institution to ensure that timely improvements are being made.
- To ensure that an appropriate curriculum is being offered that meets local needs and fits within BePART Educational Trust guidelines.
- To ensure implementation and closely monitor safeguarding and health and safety requirements.
- To approve policies and procedures that are specific to the institution
- To review, monitor, provide advice and constructively challenge, as appropriate.
- To ensure that Local Governing Body arrangements are conducted effectively.
- To be responsible to the Directors of the BePART Educational Trust and to comply and act within the Terms of Reference.
Local Governing Body Members
To contact the chair of governors, please email: email@example.com.