We are committed to ensuring that all students have access to the right resources to be successful in their academic studies and remove any barriers to participation. Financial support is available to help cover:
- Travel to and from College (if you live more than a mile from the campus)
- College meals
- Compulsory College trips
- Selected learning materials
Eligibility is based on the government’s criteria for free school meals
To apply, please visit:
If you are eligible, the College will automatically be notified and we will be in touch to arrange free College meals and transport if required.
Free College Meals - UPDATE FOR CURRENT STUDENTS 20/01/21
The government has re-opened the national scheme operated by an organisation called Edenred who supplied the FCM vouchers during last year’s lockdown. From w/c 25th January 2021, eligible students will receive vouchers from them – please check your College email for full details.
Details on how to redeem your vouchers can be found by clicking here.
or click here for more details on the Edenred website.
Eligibility is based on the government’s criteria for free school meals and your son/daughter may qualify if parents/carers are in receipt of any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
There is separate application form for students in defined categories (such as in care, care leaver, receiving financial benefits such as income support etc). Please visit the Finance Office on E corridor for an application form and guidance. In addition to the benefits listed above, students will receive a bursary of £1200 a year.